Many women worldwide face the difficulty of carrying a child owing to infertility concerns. And this issue is nearly eliminated by newly developed techniques known as Intrauterine Insemination or IUI.
Essentially, these strategies assist many women in conceiving a child. Infertility Specialist and IVF Specialist: Dr. Heena Agrawal in Indore has helped many childless couples to become parents.
Let’s speak with an Infertility Specialist Doctor to learn about IUI procedures.
What exactly is Artificial Insemination (also known as intrauterine Insemination or IUI)?
Infertile couples can benefit from artificial Insemination as a form of fertility therapy. In Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) methods, sperm is placed directly into a woman’s cervix or uterus in the hope of conceiving a pregnancy.
Who can get benefit from this procedure?
This technique is beneficial for couples who are unable to convey their child and are experiencing the following issues:
- A doctor may recommend the procedures if a couple are experiencing unexplained infertility.
- If the woman is fertile and the husband suffers from primary testicular failure, or if a couple does not want to pass on any genetic problem to their child. Then this is the greatest option for them.
- If your partner’s sperm quality is weak, IUI is the first option a doctor will recommend. They separate huge potential and normal sperm from the ones of lower quality to prepare the sperm for the procedure.
- Endometriosis is a disorder in which the tissue that borders the uterus develops outside of it. Doctors employ IUI and drugs to produce high-quality eggs for women with the disease and IUI and IVF procedures.
- When ovulation fails or happens infrequently, doctors suggest IUI as the initial therapeutic option.
- If a woman is hypersensitive to the proteins found in sperm, IUI is the best option. IUI can be successful because doctors can remove the proteins from the man’s sexually-resembling sperm before injecting the sperm.
- During IUI, sperm bypasses your cervix and enters the uterus immediately. This boosts the available sperm to meet the awaiting egg. Cervical mucus is an excellent alternative for women suffering from cervical factor infertility since it is thickest near the ovaries.
How does Intrauterine Insemination work?
The Intrauterine Insemination technique occurs during ovulation. To harvest sperm for this technique, a healthy sperm donor is required. Next, the lab cleaned the specimen to separate the sperm from the seminal fluid to concentrate the viable sperm within the specimen under specialized observation. After that, the specimen is inserted into a syringe.
The infertility specialist doctor will clean the cervix and vagina with a mild solution before inserting a thin, flexible tube through the cervix into the uterus. The sperm is pushed through the tube and into the uterus by the syringe.
So because quality sperm is guided closer to the egg, the chances of conception increase; following the surgery, the cervix should guard against uterine sperm leakage.
Is the procedure for Intrauterine Insemination Painful?
Intrauterine Insemination is not as painful as it has been depicted. Women can be both comfortable and uncomfortable at times. When it comes to operations, they take between ten and twenty minutes at the clinic and do not require anesthetic or medications. As a result, many women believe their suffering is exceptional because they occasionally experience cramps or little bleeding during or after the surgery.
And this occurs as a result of the ovulation process; it can produce excruciating cramps, particularly if the individual is on ovulation medicine. During the treatment, women may feel a mild pinching sensation comparable to a Pap smear. Cramping may occur while the catheter is inserted through the cervix, although it usually resolves shortly after it is withdrawn. If the tube scratches the cervix, little bleeding may ensue, but this is not causing discomfort.
If the uterus is somewhat inflamed, patients may suffer cramping following the procedure. This ache should be relieved by taking Tylenol and resting for a few hours. Cramping should be mild, but each woman’s physiology is unique. Patients should notify their doctor as soon as the sensation becomes uncomfortable.
Contact a Fertility Specialist in Indore
Infiltration is affordable and less time-consuming, and alone it is one of the safest and most successful therapies recommended by doctors. Dr. Heena Agrawal is a top fertility specialist in Indore. They provide you with the best possible treatment with utmost care under the guidance of highly trained doctors and nurses.