Male infertility Assessment in Indore
Assessment of male infertility involves a series of diagnostic tests and evaluations to identify the underlying causes of male reproductive difficulties.
Infertility is defined as the inability to achieve pregnancy after one year of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse.
When male infertility is suspected, here is how the assessment typically proceeds:
Medical History: The first step is to take a detailed medical and reproductive history, which may include questions about previous pregnancies, sexual activity, exposure to toxins, and any known medical conditions or surgeries.
Semen Analysis: A semen analysis is a critical part of male infertility assessment.
It involves collecting a semen sample through ejaculation and then analyzing it for the following parameters:
- Sperm Count: The number of sperm per milliliter of semen.
- Sperm Motility: The percentage of sperm that are actively moving.
- Sperm Morphology: The percentage of sperm with a normal, healthy shape.
- Semen Volume: The total volume of semen ejaculated.
Abnormalities in these parameters can help identify potential causes of male infertility.
Hormone Testing: Blood tests may be conducted to measure hormone levels, such as Testosterone: Low testosterone levels can indicate a problem with the testes.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH): Abnormal LH levels may be associated with certain conditions affecting the testes.
Additional Tests: Depending on the results of the initial assessments, further tests may be conducted, including Genetic Testing: Genetic testing may be recommended to identify chromosomal abnormalities or genetic conditions that could affect fertility.
Transrectal Ultrasound: This imaging test may be used to assess the structure of the prostate and the seminal vesicles.
Testicular Biopsy: In some cases, a small tissue sample from the testes may be obtained for microscopic examination to identify any blockages or abnormalities in sperm production.
Anti-sperm Antibody Testing: This test looks for antibodies that may be attacking and affecting sperm function.
Specialized Testing: Male infertility may require specialized tests like sperm DNA fragmentation or function tests, and if positive, consultation with a urologist or andrologist may be recommended for further evaluation and treatment planning.
- Medical History: Assessing male infertility involves a comprehensive medical history, including past illnesses, surgeries, medications, lifestyle factors, and sexual dysfunction history.
- Physical Examination: A doctor may perform a physical examination to detect any abnormalities in the genital area, including the testicles, epididymis, and penis.
- Semen Analysis: Semen analysis is a crucial evaluation process that involves collecting and analyzing a semen sample to assess parameters such as sperm count, motility, morphology, and volume, thereby determining the quality and quantity of sperm.
- Hormone Testing: Blood tests may be conducted to measure hormone levels, including testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and prolactin. Hormone imbalances can affect sperm production and fertility.
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound may be performed to check for any structural abnormalities in the reproductive organs, such as varicoceles (enlarged veins in the scrotum) or blockages in the ejaculatory ducts.
- Genetic Testing: In some cases, genetic testing may be recommended to identify any genetic factors that could be contributing to male infertility.
- Other Specialized Tests: Depending on the findings from the initial assessments, additional tests or procedures may be recommended. These could include a post-ejaculatory urinalysis, sperm DNA fragmentation testing, or a testicular biopsy.
After completing an assessment, a fertility specialist will discuss the results with the patient and create a personalized treatment plan for male infertility. Treatment options may include lifestyle changes, medications, surgical procedures, or assisted reproductive techniques like IUI or IVF.
Consult a qualified specialist for a comprehensive evaluation and guidance. Contact ILC Infertility and IVF in Indore for this specific service of Male Infertility Assessment and Evaluation for better future long-life treatment.
For more Info, Consult with Our Counsellors and Expertise.
Book an appointment now: +91–7574858084