BEST IVF Centre In Indore

Fertility Specialist or Ob/Gyn: Which Is Right for You?


Both gynecologists’ and fertility doctor in Indore experts are focused on women’s reproductive health, but the roles they play are different. While an OB/GYN only deals with the reproductive health of women, a fertility specialist is qualified to detect infertility in both men and women.

What Sets a Fertility Specialist Apart from a Regular OB/GYN?


An OB/GYN who specializes in helping couples conceive is called a fertility specialist or infertility specialist doctor. Fertility experts will undergo further study and training in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility after finishing the extensive requirements of the OB/GYN medical specialist (REI). Typically, this calls for an extra three years of schooling. Whereas OB/GYN is a physician who delivers babies and treats women for health issues related to their reproductive systems.

Identifying Roles and Responsibilities –

There are important distinctions between the two fields despite the fact that they share a common emphasis on women’s health.

Obstetrician/Gynecologists’ –
  • Female-specific diseases and disorders include menstrual and breast malignancies, hormonal imbalance, and menopause.
  • Prioritize the health of the expecting mother (obstetrician).
  • Take care of routine check-ups by doing tests including Pap smears and clinical breast examinations.
  • Supervise and even participate in diagnostic ultrasonography and other imaging procedures.
  • Provide medical care, including drug administration and prescription.

Fertility Doctor in Indore –

  • Provides insight into the root of the problem and potential solutions for infertile couples.
  • Offers diagnosis and explanation to both sexes.
  • Performs interpretation of diagnostic imaging studies such as magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasounds.
  • Keeps an eye on the patient’s condition throughout in-clinic treatments like IVF.
  • provides treatment by means of drug administration and prescription.

Finding a reliable doctor to talk to about your infertility struggles might be difficult. There is a need for both obstetricians and reproductive endocrinologists. On the other hand, the length of time you’ve been trying to conceive is the most important element in determining which specialist to visit.

What’s in Your Best Interest a Fertility specialist or a Regular OB/GYN –

You should see a fertility specialist if you’re 35 or older and have been trying to conceive for at least six months, or if you’re under 35 and have been trying for more than a year. Seeing a fertility specialist will only enhance your chances of getting pregnant. Your fertility doctor will discuss options for artificial conception like IVF(in-vitro fertilization) if natural conception is taking too long. An expert in this field can diagnose the source of your infertility problems. They can also tailor a treatment plan to your specific needs in order to facilitate your successful delivery.


Even though most women’s first thought when they’re having trouble becoming pregnant is to contact a gynecologists’, this may not be the best specialist to consult. In order to properly treat infertility, you should consult infertility and IVF specialist. Contact fertility doctor as soon as possible to determine how far you are willing to go to start a family. They can do a lot to make sure you have a healthy baby.